Social Innovation – Live Project Engagement Program
2-day interactive learning sessions with Social Impact Leaders for Social Innovation planning and sensitization:
– Opportunity to understand Social Innovation through ‘4ORCE Model for Effective Change-making’
– Discussions and FGDs to develop an understanding of Social Impact
3 weeks of Immersive Community experience by becoming part of an on-going social intervention project:
– Engage in design and implementation of a Social Innovation project in rural, urban or peri-urban areas
– Expert guidance
– Peer to peer learning for project impact
– Immersive learning support
To help you get an immersive community experience in the 6 weeks you spend with this program, we have included some special elements:
– Logistical support – You will not have to worry about basics like where to stay, how to travel, communicate etc. In our pre-program talks with you, we will help you select from stay, health insurance, travel, internet and mobile phone options. Within the first two days of your landing in Delhi, we will introduce you to nearby shopping centers, sports complexes, doctors, banks and popular hangouts.
– Pre-Program support: An information module to prepare you for the experience. Logistical details of your stay, some dos and don’ts for first-time travelers to India, basics of Hindi. Also preparatory readings on Social Innovation, leadership and social issues in India.
– Stay at local homes – One of the stay options we offer is to stay in the homes of local families. Engaging with them to get a first-hand account of their daily lives can be a great learning experience.
– Language support – Apart from the pre-program language inputs, we will guide your learning of Hindi through an online tool. Also, practice sessions in the first 2 weeks of the program will be on learning the language and cultural nuances.
– Explore India – Do you want to explore India’s rich heritage? Or it’s colorful diversity? Or do you want to go hiking or paragliding on the mighty Himalayas? Or do you want to meditate and do yoga? We offer you all these opportunities and more!
Special Project Choices
– Environmental sustainability
– Urban Sustainability (Special focus on Water and Sanitation)
– Preventive Health (special focus on WASH)
– Food Security
– Water Security
– Empowerment of the marginalized
For 2018-19, all locations are in India. The states we offer the program in are:
– National Capital Region of Delhi (Delhi and suburbs)
– Uttar Pradesh
– Himachal Pradesh
$1,500 – Cost for 3 weeks (Every additional week $300 per week; Inclusive of internal travel, lodging and food expenses in India, airline travel to India not included)
$ 700 – Program Fees for 3 weeks (every additional week $170 per week excluding internal travel and other engagements)
Rs. 15,000 – Base Program Fees (Not inclusive of any travel or lodging costs)
* Conditions Apply