Innovators in Action
Social Innovator Incubation Support
An aspiring social entrepreneur/ change maker needs an environment in which his/her idea is nurtured, developed and scaled. The purpose of incubation support is to promote these aspirants and develop them into agents of change through trainings, support from successful social entrepreneurs and experts, and opportunities for idea validation and product testing by organizing direct interactions with the target audience. By supporting social innovators/ entrepreneurs, we aim to increase the portfolio of sustainable solutions available and make those solutions a viable choice for consumers.
Personal mentorship: We treat our incubatees as our own start-ups and ensure that the experience is personalized. We understand that starting up can be a challenge at both professional and personal levels. We ensure that we provide tailored personalized support – in the form of strategic advice, coaching and mentoring – through our panel of mentors and staff.
Product development and testing: One of the challenging phases of a start-up is to convert an idea into a reality. Many individuals/ groups have ideas but this is the stage they fail at. We ensure that we walk with our entrepreneurs to support in physically manifesting their ideas.
Expert connections: We have access to experts across domains, our expert panel can help you define, develop and optimise your product and take it to the next-level
Practical support in product development: Our team of engineers, continuously works with you to support in on-ground product development. We invest in you.
On-ground consumer testing: We provide access to Living Learning Laboratories to support during product ideation and prototype testing – develop a prototype, check the response of the potential buyers and make iterations
Network access: Once you are our incubatee our network is your network. We not only leverage our prevalent contacts but also develop customised networks to support you in your business
– Outreach support through access to our network of investors, donors, and potential buyers and suppliers
Capacity Building: We look to augment your skills to successfully lead your innovation, therefore we provide leadership and development programs
– Once you join as our incubatee, the process starts with an intensive 3 month Bootcamp. These training and interactions help to accelerate social impact and leadership potential
– We also provide customized training modules to support in start-up development
Business Development Support:
– Business support services such as legal, financial and HR
– Access to office and desk space and facilities like meeting space and computers
Flexible Program: One of our greatest strengths is our flexibility. We are able to customise our support to suit your needs.
Stages we support in
– Pre-startup stage: We support individuals who are looking to develop into changemakers. We help develop aspirations and intentions, and assist in ideation and business model–discovery
– Idea validation and testing: Start-ups looking to test and prototype their products to gain consumer validation, and launch products designed to succeed
– Early-stage venture development: Business development and business model creation, supplier identification, customer acquisition, create a potential investor network
Who can apply
We welcome you to our program If you:
– Are a student or young person with a social innovation idea you want to develop
– Are a mid-life professional wanting to start your own social entrepreneurial journey
– College students/ young professionals with start-up ideas
– Professionals working in the development sector looking to execute their ideas