Social Innovation – Live Project Engagement Program
2-day interactive learning sessions with Social Impact Leaders for Social Innovation planning and sensitization:
– Opportunity to understand Social Innovation through ‘4ORCE Model for Effective Change-making’
– Discussions and FGDs to develop an understanding of Social Impact
3 to 4 weeks of practice of Social Innovation by becoming part of an on-going project:
– Engage in design and implementation of a Social Innovation project in rural, urban or peri-urban areas
– Expert guidance
– Peer to peer learning for project impact
– Direct experience of managing community issues
To help you get an immersive community experience in the 6 weeks you spend with this program, we have included some special elements:
– Logistical support – You will not have to worry about basics like where to stay, how to travel, communicate etc. In our pre-program talks with you, we will help you select from stay, health insurance, travel, internet and mobile phone options. Within the first two days of your landing in Delhi, we will introduce you to nearby shopping centers, sports complexes, doctors, banks and popular hangouts.
– Pre-Program support: An information module to prepare you for the experience. Logistical details of your stay, some dos and don’ts for first-time travelers to India, basics of Hindi. Also preparatory readings on Social Innovation, leadership and social issues in India.
– Stay at local homes – One of the stay options we offer is to stay in the homes of local families. Engaging with them to get a first-hand account of their daily lives can be a great learning experience.
– Explore India – Do you want to explore India’s rich heritage? Or it’s colorful diversity? Or do you want to go hiking or paragliding on the mighty Himalayas? Or do you want to meditate and do yoga? We connect you with all these opportunities and more!
Special Project Choices
– Environmental sustainability
– Urban Sustainability (Special focus on Water and Sanitation)
– Preventive Health (special focus on WASH)
– Food Security
– Water Security
– Empowerment of the marginalized
For 2018-19, all locations are in India. The 2 week in-house learning program will be based in New Delhi. For the 4 weeks of engagement with a project, you can choose from any of the following locations:
– National Capital Region of Delhi (Delhi and suburbs) – Metropolitan city in North India, satellite cities and peri-urban areas
– Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh – Tier 3 town with low income population.
– Ghagial village, Punjab – Village with agriculture as main occupation.
– Bengaluru city – Metropolitan city in South India
$1,500 – Cost for 3 weeks (Every additional week $300 per week; Inclusive of internal travel, lodging and food expenses in India. Airline travel to India not included)
$ 700 – Program Fees for 3 weeks (every additional week $170 per week excluding internal travel and other engagements)
Rs. 15,000 – Base Program Fees (Not inclusive of any travel or lodging costs)
* Conditions Apply